Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Poppy Seed in Soap


I thought my lotion making ingredients would be delivered so that I could make some lotion this weekend. This lotion experiment has to be postponed. Instead, I made some soaps again.

I'm sick of putting plastic lining into the wooden mould, I tried plastic lunch boxes instead.


Ingredients: coconut oil, palm oil, olive oil, sodium hydroxide, sodium chloride, sugar, coconut powder, distilled water, red oxide, titanium dioxide, liquid green colour, honey fragrance oil, pineapple fragrance oil, and poppy seed.

My first attempt on swirling, what a disappointment. I gazed at it for minutes and wondered what was wrong.

I have to swirl it from bottom up in order to see the swirl.  Maybe next try.


▲ I scented this batch with honey fragrance oil.  I was told that they look like dragon fruit.  They're then named White Dragon and Red Dragon below ▼.


▲ This batch is scented with pineapple fragance oil.

I used to scent these batches heavily and the fragrances gave me headache. I cut the fragrance oil down to just 2 tablespoons or 15 grams per 500 gram batch.
Batch No.12. Made on 20 December 2009.


No comments: