It can be served as a dessert dish or just for afternoon coffee/tea.
I'm using a bread loaf mould, 4½" x 8½". If using a bigger mould you will need to increase the ingredients accordingly.
200g glutinous rice, soak in water for 4 to 6 hours and drain dry.
165ml coconut milk
1½ tsp salt
1½ tablespoon sugar.
Egg custard Layer:
2 tablespoon of flour
2 tablespoon of rice flour
165 ml of coconut milk
80 gram sugar
½ teaspoon of pandan paste (already in green colouring)
1 tsp of salt
1. Drain rice and steam on mould for 10 minutes
2. Remove from heat and fluff up the glutinous rice. Include coconut milk, sugar and salt and steam for another 10 minutes.
3. For the egg custard layer, sieve the two type of flours into eggs, coconut milk, pandan paste, salt and sugar.
4. Pour in the egg custard onto the steamed glutinous rice and steam for 15 -20 minutes or until cooked.
5. Let it cool before cutting into slices.