This fellow is at least 3-4 inches in length.
Few days ago, I decided I should spray the closet with some insecticide. As soon as I opened the door, I saw a weird black thingy sitting on top of my tripod. I thought it was some sort of loose thread. At first I wanted to pick it up but I stopped there. I went to get my torch light. Yikes! It was a big black spider. It was about 2 cm (and yes, 2 cm is big for me. The colour black is also intimidating). Luckily I did not reach for it with my fingers!
You have probably read that I was stung by a bee sometime ago. Well, I got bitten but didn't know what 'cos I was asleep. I felt extremely unwell so I was hospitalised for 1 night. I was 16 or 17 then. I suspected a centipede as there were 4 puncture wounds on my upper arm, the doctor said it could be a spider but he wasn't entirely sure.
Do you know that Australia has many venomous spiders? The "red-back" is one of them, fancy name and looks pretty too - with 1 red stripe and 1 red dot on its abdomen - its bite can be fatal. If you're a visitor/tourist, you would probably be advised to leave them alone.
I would just hit them with my slippers first, whether they are big or small, poisonous or not, that can be decided after they are dead.
©All Rights Reserved