Friday, May 14, 2010

Citizenship 101

 
By the time this gets posted, I'm already taking a darn early flight back to kampung to renew my very important travel document.  I'll miss Sydney when I'm away.

In the meantime, I'll leave you with the above night scene and a conversation on getting a citizenship.


Lisa:    Andy, your phone is ringing. Having a date this evening?
Andy:  Yeah, with a Japanese lady.
Lisa:    I didn't know you like sushi.
Andy:  Sushi is a work of art.
Lisa:    What I'm reading is the work of art.
Andy:  The Declaration of Independence?!
Lisa:    I'm planning to pass my citizenship test with swimming colours!
Andy:  Flying colours.
Lisa:    Any colours will do!

©All Rights Reserved

18 comments:

Tekkaus said...

Kampung? Where? malaysia?

reanaclaire said...

All the best to your citizenship test!

Willie a.k.a Reptoz said...

Superb photo!

manglish said...

must sit for exam for citizenship is it? btw going bk to msia?

hcpen said...

oh, so u're still a malaysian citizen? are you planning on becoming an australian citizen?
I think pr status is good enough here..hehe

Mei Teng said...

Beautiful colours of the night! Are you taking a citizenship test?

Bananazക said...

Remembered you once mentioned East Malaysia mali, have a great holiday and oh.. awesome! very nice photo. tQ.

Ayie said...

what a colorful evening... nice lights for the deep dark night

Rafael Lam said...

Good luck! All the best for you!

uLi.佑莉 said...

The picture very nice leh.... :) Thumbs up!

HappySurfer said...

Best wishes for a hassle-free process. We'll miss you. In the meantime, we'll enjoy the great view here..

Ben said...

Amazing night scene! Hmmm, your timing balik kampung is just nice to catch the Sibu by-election fever :D Wish you safe travel and great holidays ;)

Shingo T said...

Welcome back to Malaysia, Ai Shiang!

*waves the country flag*

Horsoon said...

Beautiful reflections!

Lily Riani said...

welcome home

Wenny Yap said...

Welcome back to 'tanah tumpah darahku' ... hope you've managed to renew all the necessary while enjoying some well-deserved catch-ups.

Paul said...

I am guessing you are going back Malaysia to get your passport renewed :) by the way, the photo is so nice... really like the lights reflected on the water :)

Ai Shiang said...

Tekkaus,
Yes, kampung is in Msia.

Reanaclaire, Manglish, HCpen, MeiTeng, Rafael,
I'm not taking citizenship test.

Bananaz, Ayie, Uli, Ben, Horsoon, Willie,
Thank you, glad that you like the posted photo.

ShingoT, Lily Riani, Wenny,
Thank you for the warm welcome :o). The weather was real hot there!

Happysurfer,
It sure turned out to be hassle-free, what I wish for. Otherwise I hate dramas :o)

Paul,
Right on the money! I bet you do the same for yours too? Or perhaps it can be done in Canada easily without flying to Msia every 5 years huh?