Friday, August 20, 2010

Chocolate Cookies


Either it is double choc or triple choc ice-cream, anything with chocolate will be my favourite.  Who loves Orea cookies, put your hands up.  I do too!

We like to call these charcoal balls as they taste slightly bitter yet extremely addictive.  Try it if chocolate is your thing!

Ingredients:

160 gram flour (130 gram all-purpose flour, 30 gram corn flour)
25 gram cocoa powder
80 gram castor sugar
0.5 teaspoon of baking soda
70 gram of melted butter
1 egg lightly beaten
2 tablespoon vegetable oil

Method:

1.  Set aside about 20% of beaten egg as egg wash for glazing.
2.  In a bowl, mix all ingredients together until they combine.
3.  Mould the mixture into bite sizes or cut with cookie cutter then place on baking paper or foil.
4.  Brush each cookie with egg wash before baking.
5.  Bake cookies for 17 minutes at 180 Celsius.
6.  Let cookies cool and keep in air tight container.  
Make: 35 cookies.
©All Rights Reserved

19 comments:

Tekkaus said...

Looks delicious to me. :D

Tekkaus said...

I wanna have some. Must be very chocolaty. :p

Rafael Lam said...

I already put my hands up!
Really want to try it!

foongpc said...

Wow!! Love those choc cookies!! Yummy! Courier some to me! LOL!

reanaclaire said...

So tempting.. now 8.04am.. dont know what to do with my stomach now.. :)

fufu said...

awww can i make order now? can courier to brazil??

Mei Teng said...

I like dark chocolates. I dislike milk chocs and white chocs. They are too sweet. I am not a fan of Oreos or choc chip.

Ai Shiang said...

Tekkaus,
Not very chocolaty not too sweet :)

Rafael, Foongpc, Fufu,
Haha! Glad you like choc cookies. Surely you can get really good choc cookies there too.

Reanaclaire,
What's for breakfast at 8:40AM?

Mei Teng,
Those commercial choc chips are really sweet. I know, you're still a fan of "green tea" right?

Lily Riani said...

am going email this to my collie and get her to bake. hehehhe...

Ayie said...

hmmmm yummy cookies, i will try to bake too!

happy weekend AI!

Ben said...

WOW!!! the fabulous chocolate cookies in their gorgeous golden cage are very tempting. I put both my feet up in addition to both my hands :D

uLi.佑莉 said...

Looks great!~

HappySurfer said...

Gosh! They sure look yummy! Love the display too. Thanks for the recipe (though I won't be using it anytime soon). Still, I know where to get it if and when ...

Ai Shiang said...

Lily, Ayie,
I sure hope you'll love the final result.

Ben,
Haha! that's funny!

Uli,
Thanks very much.

Happysurfer,
Oh yeah, you mentioned before that you don't bake. Do you buy cookies and/or cakes from somewhere? Or someone does the baking for you?

lechua said...

i'd like to take up baking at some point.... lovely layout of the cookies and casing too!

HappySurfer said...

I'm not a fan of cakes and stuff but I don't mind an occasional piece of some cheesecake or brownie to go with hot coffee or tea. Yum! La Manila is where I go for these. There are only limited outlets unfortunately.

HappySurfer said...

Ai Shiang, I just entered a comment here but is pending moderation. Strange that the comment is being moderated on this post while the one at the latest post is not. What gives?

HappySurfer said...

Ai Shiang, got your email. Thanks for the quick response. You know, there's a feature that allows comments to be sent to blogger via email so every comment that is made reaches you whether post is new or old. You may want to go into the Settings to activate that then you can save time moderating comments. My two cents, of course.

gina said...

Very pretty to eat! :D I like Cookies & Cream. Praline also very nice.